Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Welcoming the New Year






I arrived here in Iligan last Dec. 28 to welcome the new year with my siblings and their children. Only my 4 sisters are around (Nonie, Myrna, Mely and Cely). As usual my three brothers are out of the country. Sam is in San Francisco (USA), Angel is in New Jersey (USA), and Agustin is on a ship somewhere in  the Atlantic Ocean. It's been a very long time that my brothers in the US have come home. The last time we were complete as a family was during the funeral of my mother in December 1985. We've never had any family reunion. I wonder when we can have one. My three sisters (Nonie, Mely and Cely) have taken up running and are becoming very fit. They want to walk the Camino de Santiago three years from now and they are thinking of inviting the other sibling along so that we can have our reunion in Spain and do the Camino as a family. I think the Leon to Santiago de Compostela (312 km) can be done in 15 says (20 km per day). Three years is enough time to get fit and save money for the expenses. I hope we can make that dream come true.

No comments: