Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 4 & 5: Cagayan-Bohol-Cebu






Yesterday, after celebrating the five am mass, I had an early breakfast with Archbishop Ledesma. By 6:30 am I biked alone to the pier (followed by an ABS-CBN TV camera crew) and took the boat for Jagna.
The boat landed in Jagna at 1 pm. Mar Caballo, a biker friend from Bacleon, and his companion met at the pier and biked with me to Tagbilaran. It was an easy and pleasant bike-ride along a flat highway by the sea. We reached Tagbilaran after 5 pm (after biking 65 km) and proceeded to the bishop's residence beside the cathedral. I met Bishop Medroso during supper - he was very welcoming and supportive.
We celebrated the mass for life and peace at the Tagbilaran cathedral at 6:15 this morning. After breakfast, I packed my things and biked to the pier at 8:30 am. I took the supercat ferry and arived in Cebu by noontime. I was welcomed warmly by my Redemptorist confreres during lunch. I washed my clothes after lunch and then had a cup of cappucino at nearby coffee shop.
The press conference was at 4:30 pm followed by the Mass for Life and Peace at the Redemptorist church. 13 Redemptorist priests concelebrated and there was a big crowd who attended. I am touched by the support of my confreres.
Tomorrow will be a long day.

No comments: