Monday, November 24, 2008

Praying over a Friend with Cancer

An elderly couple (Berting and Lydia) and their daughter Alidia came over for lunch today. I used to stay in their house in a barrio in Arakan Valley when we had our mission there in 1986. Their daughter Alidia, who is now a guidance counsellor in Ateneo de Davao High School, called a few days ago asking if they could visit me, so I invited to come for lunch. After lunch, we went to the prayer room and we talked. Lydia told me that she has cancer in the lungs and the doctor has given her six months to live. After praying over her, I taught her a healing meditation method which she could do three times a day. I also taught her husband, Berting how to pray over her. We will be seeing each other once a week.

Lydia is already 65 years old. She still wants to live but she said that she is ready to die. I advised her to focus her thoughts not on dying but on living each day to the full. What is important at this stage is to achieve inner healing. Of course, I am still praying and hoping for a miraculous healing.

No comments: