Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Underwater "Wedding"













Yesterday, I officiated the wedding of Oliver and Vannie which was held in our parish church. Both of them are scuba divers and they wanted to have their wedding underwater. But I told them that it was not permitted. They asked me if we can reenact their wedding underwater the following day. I gladly consented. So this morning we reenacted the wedding 15 feet underwater near Talikud island in a dive site called "coral garden." It was attended by 20 divers who are friends of the newly-wed. I wrote the question on a white slate and they gave their response through hand signal. Afterwards we went ashore and had lechon for lunch. When we parted I told the couple that I would be willing to officiate when they renew their marriage vows during their silver wedding anniversary. We can do it underwater. Their children will have to learn scuba diving.

No comments: