Sunday, March 07, 2010

Attending the Religious Profession of Sr. Yna, RC













I arrived here in Manila yesterday. This morning, I hiked 21 km from Baclaran to Loyola Heights (Quezon City) to attend the religious profession of Sr. Yna Onate. It took me 4 hrs 10 minutes to reach the Cenacle Retreat House where it was held. The profession ceremony, which started at 3 pm was attended by over 30 guests, including Yna's parents, Mr. & Mrs. Bert Onate, as well as her friends and the members of the Religious of the Cenacle. My friend, Sr. Evelyn, was present (I also attended her profession last year).
Yna is a friend whom I accompanied in discerning her religious vocation. She had been involved in our parish church for a long time. Several years ago, I often went out with her and some of our friends for cappucino. When she decided to join the Cenacle Sisters, I promised her that I would attend her profession. So today, I kept my promise. I will continue to pray for her that she will persevere in her vocation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed you accompanied since i took the first step of this journey, dre. And even as i was still "shunning" the vocie within, you stood as my spiritual director. Daghang salamat! You are a treasure of a friend! I look forward to doing ministry with you. God bless you!