Monday, March 29, 2010

Trans-Mindanao Run/Hike (Day 2 March 28, 40k)

I woke up at 5 am feeling fresh. I didn't feel any muscle ache. By 6:20 I was on the road again. It was foggy and cool. I was doing more walking to conserve energy. There was a lot of uphill climbs the first 25 km until I reached the highest point of the highway which is 7200 ft above sea level. I usually ran the flat and downhill sections. In the afternoon it was mostly downhill running which I enjoyed very much. The weather was just perfect - cloudy and cool. With only 8 km to go I took a long break at coffee shop beside the Sea Gull mountain resort. I ordered a cup of cappucino and blueberry cheese cake. Feeling refreshed I ran downhil while praying the Glorious mystery of the rosary. It rained the last 3 km but I didn't mind. At 5:15 pm, I finally reached the parish rectory of Buda and was welcomed by Fr. Victor Verador. After saying the mass by myself (no pm mass), I had a heavy dinner.

1 comment:

Bald Runner said...

fr pic, it seems that your backpack is too heavy! however, i know that you are strong and well-prepared for this trek. good luck!