Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trans-Mindanao Run/Hike (Day 1, March 2x)

At 5:30 this morning, after giving an interview to the ABS-CBN and GMA5 news teams, I started my run/hike. I took a break after 2 hours before the ascent of the mountainous highway. By 9 am, it was already very hot. I did more walking than running. I started praying the rosary. I reached Calinan at noon and bought a cold drink. I didn't feel hungry even if I didn't have any breakfast and lunch. I was on the road again by 1 pm, determined to brave the heat but after an hour the heat became unbearable that I had to rest in a fruit store. I bought some bananas. I waited for awhile for the heat to subside. I was able to continue by 3 pm. The ascent became more steep and I just walked slowly, while praying the rosary. It was already dark when I reached Lomondao after covering 53 km. Fr. Jun Gemino welcomed me and I finally had my first meal of the day.

No comments: